Leeds Box Office Top 10
10) Bronson - reviewed by Joe from Leeds (when pressed, Garforth) - "it was very good: it hasn't tried to exploit the violence and it hasn't tried to glorify him in any way. They said they weren't trying to make a film campaigning for his release - they were trying to say, if he had found art earlier on his life, would he have expressed himself in the way he did?"
9) Hotel For Dogs - reviewed by Mike from Swindon - "took the children at half term; absolutely loved it. Really entertaining. Funny; brought a tear to the eye at the end. So a good movie. Almost as good as Toy Story, definitely". Mike's wife (who did not give her name) added - "it's simple. There's a hotel; there's some dogs. That's it."
7) Confessions Of A Shopaholic - reviewed by Frankie from Headingley - "it wasn't devastatingly bad."
6) Bolt - reviewed by Tom from Leeds - "I've seen 3D films before, and this was by far the best."
5) The Young Victoria - reviewed by Andrew from Chapel Halton - "There were good central performances by the two lead characters, the sets were nice, the outfits were nice - but I found it stopped early, really. It just seemed to peter out, and the rest of her life seemed to disappear."
4) Slumdog Squarepants - reviewed by Will from Rawton - "I just thought it was absolutely amazing. But we went to see Benjamin Button a few weeks afterwards, and when we came out a friend of mine turned to me and said, 'well, that was so much better than Slumdog Millionaire'." (To which Mark replied, "NO! I hope you cut them off immediately and you're no longer seeing them.")
3) Gran Torino - reviewed by Chris from Nottingham - "I enjoyed it - I felt it was a bit Dirty Harry meets Victor Meldrew meets High Noon. But I got tired of his constant growling, which reminded me of an old Datsun I used to own."
2) Watchmen - reviewed by Neil from Leeds - "I had a friend who came along for the gratuitous nudity, and was disappointed to find out that it was all Dr Manhattan."
1) Marley And Me - reviewed by Michael from Liverpool - "It plays on the heartstrings of dog owners. I do have to admit I did cry at the end. But I hated myself for it."